[g1_dropcap]W[/g1_dropcap]hether your hair is long or short, dry or oily, curly or straight, the importance of proper hair care must not be understated. Hair maintenance is not difficult, but you have to consider some significant points to make your hair healthy. Proper hair care includes everything ranges from shampooing to hair styling and good nutrition. The following guideline will ensure the long-term health of your hair:
A Good Hair Cut – A good hair cut determines the health of your hair and the quality of good hair cut completely relies on your hair stylist and the tools he uses. Good hair cut enhances the appearance of a person and makes him or her look charming. Hair stylists must use top quality scissors that must be well maintained. Dull scissors can damage your hair and lead to split ends.
Hair Cleanliness- Wash your hair sparingly. Washing hair too often leaves hair dry out and may damage your hair. Shampoo your hair every other day. Hair conditioning is vital for improving the condition of your hair. Conditioners smooth the cuticle, keep hair moisturized and help to prevent hair tangling. Conditioner must be used as per your hair type.
Proper Nutrition – Eat a healthy and well-balanced diet. Give your hair the right amount of protein, vitamins, and other necessary nutrients. Lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, omega-3 fatty acids, salmon and other protein rich food should be added to a diet for keeping hair healthy. Drink plenty of water as it prevents hair breakage.
Let your hair dry naturally – Excessive heat can ruin your hair, and the damage is not even reversible. If you want to use hair dryer, follow these recommendations to protect your hair from potential damage:
- Choose hair dryer that offers different heat and air pressure settings.
- Choose dryers with a nozzle attachment and diffuser so that it would be easy to target air flow and even heat distribution over hair.
- Always hold hair dryer six inches from your hair.
- Before drying your hair with the blow dryer, apply thermo-active heat protector on hair and then select the heat setting based on the thickness of your hair.
Hair Treatments – Hair treatments have become the need of the day, but it is necessary to treat your hair the right way. Don’t combine hair coloring with permanent straightening or perming treatments. If you want to get both, then you must opt for coloring first and other treatments after one week. Repeated bleaching, dying or straightening will affect the hair’s porosity making it more prone to damage. Use a deep conditioning mask for a few days before or after such treatments.
Avoid heat Damage – Hot irons, curlers, rollers and hair dryers are the standard hair styling tools that may also damage your hair if not used properly. These styling products are used to realign the shape of the hair, but an excessive amount of heat can cause water in the hair to boil thus producing tiny bubbles of steam that damage the cortex and dry out the hair. You must apply thermo active heat protector before using styling products.
Remove stress from life – Physical or mental stress can cause hair loss. In any situation in which body is under stress, the body will first support the essential tissues. Your hair suffers in any condition of stress. Yoga, meditation or exercise will help in lowering the stress.
These handy tips will help you to avoid the common mistakes that you are making unknowingly and damaging your hair.
- Use a wide toothed comb to detangle hair instead of brushing it.
- The sharp-toothed comb can damage your hair, rub your scalp and cause split ends.
- Brush your hair for 3-4 times a day to stimulate your scalp. It promotes natural oils and removes dead scalp. Too much brushing causes damage to your hair strands.
- Avoid brushing hair while wet, as it makes hair brittle and weak.
- Don’t rub the towel on hair vigorously.
- Don’t sleep with wet or damp hair. It will weaken the follicles and make hair strands brittle.