Hair shedding more than usual

You have been seeing more hairs on pillow, hairbrush and in the shower, than usual that make you concerned. Sadly, no one wants to see their hair going down the drain. But wait do you know what is the usual hair shedding one may experience daily? There is an average 100,000 hair and 90% of it remains in growing phase while the rest 10% are in shedding/regression and resting phase says Dr. Sajjad Khan, Celeb Hair Transplant Surgeon in Dubai.

It’s normal to shed around 100 hairs/day but if you are losing more than there may be some underlying problems. A good news, genetic hair loss is different from hair shedding and is reversible if the cause is known.

Metabolic Conditions That Can Lead To Hair Shedding

Excessive hair shedding is common in people who have experienced one the following

  • Extreme Dieting
  • Given a Birth
  • Extreme Illness
  • Major Surgery
  • Stress
  • Anemia
  • Hormonal Imbalances
  • Thyroid Dysfunction

What To Do

Firstly, don’t stress out, as the stress is one of the major causes of metabolic hair loss. It can further intensify the hair shedding. Try to stay calm and rule out the stress related triggers. Find some time to meditate, exercise, an extra nap or plan a weekend getaway with your loved ones.

Dr. Sajjad says Iron deficiency causes excessive hair loss and is very common in women, so eating a balanced diet along with iron rich foods can help overcome the unusual hair shedding. Here is a complete list of hair healthy nutrients you must add to your daily meals.

Most people notice the extreme hair shedding a few months after the stressful experience. Like, a woman who has gone through a labor can see excessive hair shedding two months after giving birth. The shedding due to illness, surgery or pregnancy is normal and temporary. Hair will regain its fullness and resume normal growth pattern once the stressful event is over. Make sure to feed your body properly for early recovery.

If none of the above is the cause of your unusual hair shedding than check your hair care and styling routine. See, if you have changed your shampoo or got highlights. Got new hair color with perming or straightening? Repeated bleaching, dying, straightening or perming can significantly affect the hair and make it vulnerable to damage. Be gentle with your hair and sure they will do.

hair-shedding-more-than-usual

Hair's Health ©2018 All Rights Reserved

http://hairshealth.com

Subscribe Now!


Stay updated with our latest Hair health, style and nutrition tips. 

We hate SPAM as much as you do.

or

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account